Mediation is a way to bring people together to talk about any problems. It is a step-by-step way to talk through issues and work things out.
Mediation can help you to:
- Put everything in perspective and decide what is most important to you
- Look at a situation from different angles, which can help you find a solution
- Get you talking with the other person involved
- Make sure the other person understands your point of view and you understand theirs
- Work something out together that everyone involved can live with.
A mediator will sit down with you and help you to talk about the problem and help you work out a way to fix the problem. They don’t make any decisions for you and they don’t take sides. They just help you to have a conversation in a particular way, to help you make decisions together about a situation.