Family Dispute Resolution
For 30 years, our network of professional practitioners has provided confidential, effective resolution services to the people of the ACT and surrounding region.
Family Support Program
The family support program families and young people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless due to family conflict.
Family Dispute Resolution
From 1 July 2008 changes to the family law system make Family Dispute Resolution a requirement before you can apply to the court for a parenting order.
Conflict Resolution for Seniors
This program aims to improve the awareness of the benefits of dispute resolution services for the prevention of intergenerational conflict and elder abuse.
Settling family disputes
The mediators are qualified under Regulation 60 of the Family Law Reform Act to be family and child mediators
From 1 July 2008 changes to the family law system make Family Dispute Resolution a requirement before you can apply to the court for a parenting order. This includes new applications, and applications seeking changes to an existing Parenting Order. There are some exceptions to this requirement, such as cases involving family violence or child abuse or where the matter is urgent.
All families at some time experience difficulties and stress. Family disputes include any conflict between people who are related in some way, or who are part of a family or have been part of a family in the past.
This can include:
- within families, such as between couples, parents and children, siblings
- between families, such as adult siblings and their families, grandparents and their children’s families, blended or step-families
- between separated couples and their families
Family disputes can be about almost anything. Some of the most common topics people discuss in mediation are:
- Child/teenager’s behaviour
- Children’s education, health and welfare
- Contact with children (separated couples or extended families)
- Financial support for children (separated couples)
- Inability to communicate
- Lack of trust
- Lifestyle/environmental differences
- Parenting differences
- Previous agreements broken down
- Property settlement (separated couples or older parents & adult children)
- Relationship breakdown
- Verbal abuse/swearing or bullying
Our Consent FormComplete our consent form now and complete in preparation for your consultation.
|Consultation Type||Price Per Session|
|Mediation Session||Starting at $500|
Conflict Resolution Service Practitioners are approved to issue 60I Certificates