Effective Dispute Resolution
Every relationship has its problems from time to time. When those problems take a toll on our health, our finances and our family, it’s time to act. Conflict doesn’t have to be endured – it can be prevented, managed and resolved.
We at CRS are passionate about tackling the heavy costs of conflict across the community. For 30 years, our network of professional practitioners has provided a free, confidential and effective service to the people of the ACT and region.
We are Canberra’s leading provider of community dispute resolution services, and the trusted name in professional training and accreditation. Our model of mediation is highly regarded for its capacity to effectively support family and relationship based high conflict situations.
Whatever your dispute, we can help you to build a solution that is:
- Confidential: a safe environment where your privacy is paramount
- Impartial: a neutral broker working with all sides for a lasting solution
- Affordable: our service is free for low-income earners
- Easy to use: one phone call connects you to Canberra’s leading network and a full range of services
- Trusted: we’ve been working since 1988 for families, neighbourhoods, schools and businesses.
- Dedicated to the community: CRS is funded by the ACT Government and committed to the service of local people. We work in very close collaboration with most of Canberra’s community support services and public benevolent institutions.
The majority (more than 90%) of CRS service delivery involves providing community mediation, crisis mediation to prevent youth homelessness and conflict coaching for families and individuals. CRS also provides community education, workplace consultations, training and professional development for individuals and organisations.
Training Course Options for 2018
CRS Nationally Accredited Mediation TrainingCRS Mediation Training will assist any student interested in developing strategies and skills for preventing, managing and resolving disputes, or who may be called upon to provide third party assistance and facilitation. Registration Form for next course, 29 October - 7 November 2018.
2 Day Conflict Resolution TrainingConflict Resolution Training is a 2 day course that teaches you the conflict resolution process and effective strategies to prevent, manage and resolve disputes in the workplace, family and community. Registration Form 15-16 August 2018.
To receive updated information and be included in the CRS e-distribution list for any future training, email email@example.com.
There are no vacant positions at present
From time to time, the CRS is is seeking to recruit suitably trained mediators to join the CRS Panel of Sessional Mediators.
Mediator Professional DevelopmentCRS offers workshops and seminars for Mediators and other Practitioners who work in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
- CRS professional development sessions cover a range of topics to provide professional development opportunities to those who utilize and practice dispute resolution.
- Practitioners can expand on existing practice and knowledge with current information in order to achieve exceptional outcomes for clients.
- With lively discussions on theory and practice with industry peers, sessions are an excellent forum for sharing experiences and gaining new insights.
- Practical exercises allow participants to develop new skills or refine established techniques.
- Group Supervision sessions allows mediators to share their practical experiences of cases they have worked on by talking through what worked, the challenges, what they learnt. Mediator supervision sessions are an excellent opportunity to ask peers and the group supervisor for assistance on improving practices, techniques and how to handle a certain type of mediation/client in future.
To receive updated information on professional development opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the e-distribution list.